Protecting the Rights of Injured Clients
Raleigh Truck Accident Attorneys
Semi-Truck & Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Wake County
Large truck accidents often lead to devastating injuries, extensive emotional harm, and serious financial hardships for victims and their loved ones. If you or someone you love was recently involved in a collision with a semi-truck, tractor-trailer, or big rig, we understand what you are going through—and we want to help.
At Hyland + Padilla, PLLC, we represent clients who have been catastrophically injured in large truck accidents seek the fair compensation they are owed. We also represent families who have lost loved ones in fatal truck accidents file wrongful death claims against liable parties. If you believe you may have a case, reach out to our team right away to request a free consultation with one of our Raleigh truck accident lawyers.
Contact us online or by phone at (919) 891-8361 today to get started. Hablamos español.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Like most car accidents, large truck accidents tend to stem from negligence. Sometimes, truck drivers fail to follow the rules of the road or make mistakes that jeopardize the safety of other motorists. In other cases, trucking companies engage in negligent practices that indirectly put innocent people at risk.
Specifically, some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Traffic violations
- Driver errors
- Hours-of-service violations
- Overloaded trucks
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Inadequate truck maintenance
- Negligent or illegal trucking company practices
- Negligent hiring of truck drivers
- Truck defects
- Poorly maintained or defective roadways
Our team works alongside accident reconstructionist to identify how the crash occurred. This allows us to correctly identify the liable party and use important evidence from the accident to build powerful claims on behalf of our clients.
How Truck Accident Cases Differ from Regular Car Accident Claims
Although truck accidents and car accidents are both types of motor vehicle accidents, these claims are very different from one another. Specifically, truck accident cases tend to be much more complex than regular car accident claims due to the wide variety of complicating factors.
Some of these factors include:
- Injuries: Because of their immense size and weight, large trucks tend to cause massive damage when they collide with other, smaller vehicles. As a result, truck accident victims often sustain catastrophic bodily injuries, such as spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, multiple fractures, organ damage, and more.
- Damages: Truck accident cases tend to involve more extensive (and expensive) damages than other motor vehicle accident claims. This is largely due to the violent nature of these crashes, the severity of victims’ injuries, and the overall costs associated with recovery. As a result, truck accident cases tend to be higher in value than other auto accident claims.
- Liability: It is often much more difficult to determine liability in a truck accident case than in a regular car accident claim. This is because, unlike in most car accident cases, the truck driver (i.e., the one who actually caused the crash) may not be legally responsible for your damages. Instead, their employer (the trucking company) could be liable, as the driver was operating the vehicle for their employer’s benefit. Additionally, other third parties could be partially liable. This includes truck and truck parts manufacturers, third-party maintenance and repair professionals, entities that load and unload cargo, and more.
- Federal Laws and Regulations: In addition to various state laws, trucking companies are beholden to certain federal laws and regulations, such as federal hours-of-service laws, which govern the number of hours a driver may operate a truck, as well as the number of breaks they must take. These laws can significantly complicate truck accident claims.
These and other factors—such as extensive investigations and discovery, multiple-party liability, and aggressive pushback from insurance companies—can significantly impact the complexity of your case. We strongly encourage you to reach out to an experienced truck accident attorney, like ours at Hyland + Padilla, PLLC, for help with your case.
How the Truck Accident Team at Hyland + Padilla, PLLC Can Help
We represent clients throughout Wake County who have been involved in all types of large truck accidents, including those involving intoxicated truck drivers, hours-of-service violations, fatigued driving, trucking company negligence, head-on collisions, rear-end collisions, vehicle defects, hazardous material spills, and more. Our attorneys have more than 50 years of combined experience and have helped thousands of clients successfully navigate the legal process. To date, we have recovered more than $40 million in settlements and jury verdicts.
As your legal team, we will fight for you. Our goal is to secure the maximum compensation you are owed so that you can get back on your feet. We fight to recover settlements that meet our clients’ current and future needs, but we are also ready to go to trial whenever necessary.
For a free consultation with our Raleigh truck accident attorneys, call (919) 891-8361 or submit an online contact form today.
experienced legal help from hyland + padilla, PLLC since 1999
Over $40,000,000 Recovered We have won over 40 million dollars for our clients since 2012 and counting.
Over 7000 Cases Handled We have represented thousands of personal injury clients since 1999.
“I came to Hyland and Padilla after an automobile accident. Mr. Padilla worked very hard on my case. His primary concern is for the well being of his clients. He was caring, professional, honest and patient. His staff was always helpful and pleasant as well” - Toni B.
“Very happy and great full with the results. Thank you for helping the Hispanic community very happy with the results blessings. Andrea and Stefani did A great job.” - Jazmin A.
“Mr Padilla is extremely helpful with your personal injury. His staff is great. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I have worked with Mr Padilla several times over the years. He is a wonderful caring attorney. He will go all out to make his client happy.” - Carolyn H.