Protecting the Rights of Injured Clients
North Carolina How to File For Workers Compensation
Filing for Workers’ Compensation in North Carolina
Workers’ compensation enables employees, who have suffered injuries or illness at their workplace, to obtain payment benefits to cover medical expenses and financial damages caused by the accident. In order to successfully recover workers’ compensation, there are important steps you need to take.
The Following Are the Forms You May Need to File to Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits in NC:
- Form 18 – Needs to be completed and served to your employer within 30 days of an injury by the injured worker or their lawyer in order to notify their employer and the Industrial Commission of any workers’ compensation claim.
- Form 25P - Necessary to receive reimbursement for associated expenses.
- Form 18M – Based on the advice of the treating physicians, this form must be filed if the injured worker needs continued medical care beyond the normal two-year period.
- Form 33 - Necessary to request a hearing with the IC
- Form 25T – Necessary to recover reimbursement for mileage expenses for those that traveled more than 20 miles for doctors’ visits.
If forms are not filed properly, of if employees do not follow the rules, they can suffer serious consequences that could have a negative impact on their case. Fortunately, our North Carolina workers’ compensation lawyers are ready to help.
The attorneys at Hyland + Padilla are here to help you maximize your potential recovery*
Tenacious Representation for Workers’ Compensation Since 1999
Whether your employer is uncooperative or if your claim is initially denied, Hyland + Padilla, PLLC is ready to fight for you while you make a successful recovery. We understand what it takes to ensure that your claim is processed as quickly as possible.
Damages You May Pursue in a Worker’s Compensation Claim Include:
- Medical Expenses Related to the Injury.
- Permanent Disability.
- Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Loss of Wages.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
experienced legal help from hyland + padilla, PLLC since 1999
Over $40,000,000 Recovered We have won over 40 million dollars for our clients since 2012 and counting.
Over 7000 Cases Handled We have represented thousands of personal injury clients since 1999.
“I came to Hyland and Padilla after an automobile accident. Mr. Padilla worked very hard on my case. His primary concern is for the well being of his clients. He was caring, professional, honest and patient. His staff was always helpful and pleasant as well” - Toni B.
“Very happy and great full with the results. Thank you for helping the Hispanic community very happy with the results blessings. Andrea and Stefani did A great job.” - Jazmin A.
“Mr Padilla is extremely helpful with your personal injury. His staff is great. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I have worked with Mr Padilla several times over the years. He is a wonderful caring attorney. He will go all out to make his client happy.” - Carolyn H.